Help!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

steve ussher

Nov 18, 2023
Bonners Ferry, Idaho
I bought a house with a 2005 vintage Vermont Castings/Majestic propane fireplace, with remote. The system has stopped working, and after trouble shooting, we have determined that the valve needs replacing. VC is defunct and I cant find the parts. Any suggestions on a suitable replacement that can bolt up, using the same fireplace housing???? I would like one that has a wireless remote control. Any help would be greatly appreciated! (Honeywell RV8310E reciever /valve, RT8220A Transmitter)

I bought a house with a 2005 vintage Vermont Castings/Majestic propane fireplace, with remote. The system has stopped working, and after trouble shooting, we have determined that the valve needs replacing. VC is defunct and I cant find the parts. Any suggestions on a suitable replacement that can bolt up, using the same fireplace housing???? I would like one that has a wireless remote control. Any help would be greatly appreciated! (Honeywell RV8310E reciever /valve, RT8220A Transmitter)

So just as a heads up VC is not defunct.. they are making it so that you have to get support through the dealers. I actually got the same impression.. I sent a txt to my friend who ownes a woodstove shop and that is how he explained it to me.

Vermont Castings is now a part of Hearth & Home Technologies.
Older VC parts may be available at Woodman's Parts Plus out of New Hampshire...