Help with info on Dovre 300GH and Dovres in General

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

HearthsAndMinds

Nov 17, 2019
Washington, D.C.
I got this stove for free. It's in excellent condition and as far as I can tell it was made around 1986 judging by the stamps on the castings. I've read every thread this forum has to offer on Dovre stoves and am aware of the UK company presently using the name, the fact that Aladdin bought them up, then merged/acquired by Quadri Fire then Heat and Glo and Hearth and Home Tech. I've also emailed and called around to multiple stove repair companies, including Woodsman which I found through this website--no dice. Still, there is very little information out there about these stoves and as other posters have mentioned, it's almost like their existence was scrubbed from the history books, some of these links below to those threads:

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/dovre-300h-woodburning-stove.53357/
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/help-dovre-model-300e.27990/
This one in this post has similar stamps in similar spots as mine "303E" and see attached photos... https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/does-anyone-know-this-model-dovre-stove.26765/

The primary goal here is to find documentation or manuals for this stove. I found one for a 300G and 310GX online somewhere on a Dutch website (thank god for google translate), but haven't found anything for this GH model. Secondary goal is to find out if anyone has any working knowledge of these stoves and also what the letters mean... E, G, H, HS, or GH like mine

I'd love for this thread also to be used in general as a place to post info about older/original Dovre stoves (those that, according to my data plate, were once HQ'd in Illinois).

Attachments

• IMG-1148.jpg
    IMG-1148.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 397
  • IMG-1147.jpg
    IMG-1147.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG-1146.jpg
    IMG-1146.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 755
  • IMG-1129.JPG
    IMG-1129.JPG
    211.4 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG-1120.JPG
    IMG-1120.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 513
  • IMG-1119.jpg
    IMG-1119.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG-1149.jpg
    IMG-1149.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 318
My inlaws have that same stove, bought it brand new. I forgot to look for the manual when I was there for Thanksgiving. I will try and remember to look at Christmas when I am back.

Reactions: begreen
Thanks to IowaRSFBurner I have the manual for at least this family of stove! It's just a model number off but same Heirloom stove. Attaching it here if anyone needs it in the future. Has good clearance information for anyone needing it for permits/insurance.

Attachments

• Dovre 300 stove 1.0.pdf
    4.9 MB · Views: 848
Reactions: IowaRSFBurner
IowaRSFBurner thank you for posting the manual for the Dovre 300hc, and thanks to Hearths and Minds for asking. I have that exact stove and started today to restore it. I have not been able to find any info on that stove until now. I am going to use that stove in a cabin I am building. I have been heating with a Fisher grandma bear for 40 years, cut and split my own wood still at 73. Thanks again for the manual. If anyone has a set of the chrome bear feet for the Fisher, I would like to buy a set.

Reactions: IowaRSFBurner
IowaRSFBurner thank you for posting the manual for the Dovre 300hc, and thanks to Hearths and Minds for asking. I have that exact stove and started today to restore it. I have not been able to find any info on that stove until now. I am going to use that stove in a cabin I am building. I have been heating with a Fisher grandma bear for 40 years, cut and split my own wood still at 73. Thanks again for the manual. If anyone has a set of the chrome bear feet for the Fisher, I would like to buy a set.
Just wanting to see how these Dovre stoves worked out for you all? I have the Aurora #700, bought it new in 1993, and sometimes yes parts are impossible to find! I hope you both like your stoves!!