Help with double wall on blaze king

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BobFalfa

Nov 22, 2015
Missouri
So after a few years of only having a single wall section of flu pipe coming off the blaze king to my class a chimney i decided to change it out for a piece of double wall. So i have the new sections of double wall but now i am unsure of how to connect it to my ceiling connector. The new flu pipe is too big to right. I have posted a couple pictures. That show the new pipe and where it needs to be connected. Thanks

Attachments

• Help with double wall on blaze king
    0EADB1F6-949F-4E92-B429-C3B845DDA6D3.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 103
    7D604DC9-AC1C-4AF0-81B9-C8A31E4B4E42.jpeg
    90.8 KB · Views: 123
Here is another picture, showing the old piece that is stuck in the new double, iam pretty sure this isnt the way it is supposed to be either

Attachments

AFB0E69F-1879-4AC3-B188-0E287AAB006F.jpeg
    108.5 KB · Views: 110
Are the Chimney system components by Security?

The stovepipe should be 6" ID. What is the OD of the ceiling support stub?

That is a little odd. The catalog shows 8" ID for that pipe.

Same ID on both ends?

That is a double-wall adjustable length. I've never used it, but according to the literature it is designed to slip over regular stove pipe.

Providing you have matched up the correct diameters, the ID on Security's double-wall pipe should be just slightly larger than the flue adapter poking down. At the top of the flue adapter, you will notice a raised bead. When you push the pipe overtop of the extension, this bead should seal everything up. Drive three 3/4" self-tapping screws (instructions may say two) through to fasten pipe to extension.
Need more info, call Security's Tech Support line at 800-361-4909.