Help me pick a new stove.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Sounds like you can open the intake when reloading/starting and it will automatically return to a preset position after the fire has a chance to get going. I don't see what else it could be.
Wish my stove had that. I hate staying awake for 30 minutes after the 3 am reload. Technology advances!

i'm pretty sure that's what it is, hoping that someone else who snagged one can chime in on how exactly it works.

i'm pretty sure that's what it is, hoping that someone else who snagged one can chime in on how exactly it works.
From pg 17 of the manual:
"This unit also offers a new feature. When loading the stove for a long low burn, you can set the air control damper to allow the unit to heat up and get a good burn going before the air is closed off to the Low position. Simply pull the rod out to Low and turn it counter‐clockwise until you hear a slight “click” (about a quarter of a turn). When it is ready the damper will shut itself.
This will work for low and medium low settings. This ensures good combustion at the Lowest burn rate (or even the Medium burn rate, if set to Medium)."

That sounds like a real nice feature. I'm with you Edyit, hope someone who uses one chimes in on how well it works.