Heatilator PS50 smoking

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rjoego

Jan 11, 2015
Ohio
I just fired up my PS50 followed the directions and it seems to be letting our smoke from the top of the stove just above the door where it blows the heat out. Not sure if I did not run it on high for long enough or if it is the draft. I ran straight out a block wall the elbowed up following the directions and using the parts in the DuraVent Pellet kit. Any thoughts? Is this normal? Will it go away once the stove is cured?

It can take a while to burn off the newness. Hours even. Can you tell if it is pellet smoke, or curing smoke? Most places will burn the newness off at the store, or run it in a driveway to cure it, so as to keep the process out of the house. kap

Status
Not open for further replies.