Heatilator Fireplace Won't Spark

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kushp24

Aug 6, 2024
Iowa
I have a Heatilator Model NDV4236I-B. It is about 6-7 years old. We had to turn off the gas to it last year to check for leaks and ever since it wont turn back on. I believe it is an IPI. It works with a wall switch. I checked the plug with my phone charger and it was working fine inside. I tapped the orange area with a screwdriver (based off a few suggestions here) and that didnt help either. I also changed the control unit thing from one I found on Amazon today and that did not work either. Im not sure if the model or brand mattered but the original one was a Dexen and the Amazon one was some random company. I attached some pictures of what it looks like inside and what I changed out.
Any advice appreciated. Our basement one works just find and it clicks. The upstairs one just doesn't turn on.
Worst case I will have someone come by to fix it, but I would like to get an idea so I dont get ripped off either.

Thank you