Heat Reclaimer..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

GENECOP

Minister of Fire
Jan 31, 2014
Ny
I know all debates about lower flue temps and Creosote production, but of all the ones I have scene, this seems the most interesting. No fan, slim, and efficient..
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I know all debates about lower flue temps and Creosote production, but of all the ones I have scene, this seems the most interesting. No fan, slim, and efficient..
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Heat with the stove not the pipe

Reactions: Brutus0115
I think some people that have older stoves and cant afford a new more efficient unit can benefit from these types of things..
Even with old stoves the addition of a baffle and use of a pipe damper can make devises like these pointless. There are far better solutions available for not much money

Even with old stoves the addition of a baffle and use of a pipe damper can make devises like these pointless. There are far better solutions available for not much money

its a good thing for the inventors of these heat reclaiming stove pipe systems that no one told the tens of thousands of people that buy them every year..:)

its a good thing for the inventors of these heat reclaiming stove pipe systems that no one told the tens of thousands of people that buy them every year..:)

Don't confuse a product that is designed to sell for profit, and a well designed product that sells for profit.

Reactions: JimBear and bholler
People waste there money on all kinds of miracle products all the time that doesn't mean they are the right solution

Reactions: ckr74
If you want to repurpose an old stove take a look at Jason's device, it never did really catch on in the states but it really does convert the old stoves into clean burners.

Reactions: GENECOP
If you want to repurpose an old stove take a look at Jason's device, it never did really catch on in the states but it really does convert the old stoves into clean burners.

I watched the video, but couldn’t find the detail on what the mod kit looks like..

I watched the video, but couldn’t find the detail on what the mod kit looks like..

I did the same thing. There's like no technical data or visuals about it! Just a lot of "this thing is awesome".

There are times when you want to recover excess heat from the stove pipe(like when the stove is very hot and rising) and times when you dont like every time you start a cold stove or even a warm stove. The problem i see with this is, it saps heat from the pipe even when you need that heat to build draft and minimize creosote. The idea is to get to operating temps ASAP for a clean burn. Hot pipes are clean pipes. I simply train a fan on the stove pipe when my stove is near max output to keep stove top temps from going over the limit.

Last I checked, it wasn't actually available to purchase in the USA either...

Last edited:
I'm just curious how it works. It seems interesting...and strange there isn't more out there.

I am hoping to get an update on it, I have not heard from Jason in a while. He was working with Obadiah on bringing the technology to wood boilers and cookstoves.

This thread links to previous topics about the Intensifire: