Hearthstone Phoenix

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

woodhog73

Minister of Fire
Jan 12, 2016
Somewhere cold !
I’ve Got a nice insert. I’m about to pull it out and list it on CL.

Just visited a hearth store a ways away from me. They had a Heartstone Phoenix free stander on sale for $1800 That’s almost half price. It was a demo on their floor and burned about 20 times last winter. I couldn’t resist. I bought it. It literally looks brand new ! It’s a hybrid cast iron and soap stone stove. Figured I couldn’t go wrong for the price

Now I need to figure out where to put it. It’s going in my living room which is wide open into my kitchen. My living room and kitchen are about 1,000 sq feet by them selves. Going to vent straight out the ceiling attic and roof etc. have no idea what I’m using for stove pipe. Or what I’m going to do or who is going to help me. But I couldn’t resist that beautiful stove

Ok, where is somewheres cold, and what kind is your old insert? How much you askin'?

Blah. Too fars. Ida hada buyer. Yoop yoop.

Im sure you will have no problem selling it.

I bought the hearthstone heritage like 10 years ago for the same price. Next to it was the Phoenix and it was a really nice looking heater. That cast iron front in enamel looked good.

I sold the heritage for the same 1800$ after pushing 30 cords through it. Can’t complain about that. It always performed as specified.

I bought the hearthstone heritage like 10 years ago for the same price. Next to it was the Phoenix and it was a really nice looking heater. That cast iron front in enamel looked good.

I sold the heritage for the same 1800$ after pushing 30 cords through it. Can’t complain about that. It always performed as specified.
How do you sleep at night? ;lol

It was half impulse purchase and have thought out.

I’ve been happy with my Quad except for a few things. It’s an insert and is on a far wall. So it’s hard to get heat to the other end of the house. It also doesn’t get as long of burns as Id like but generally does ok. Lastly it’s a plain looking steel stove. Functions great but looks average.

So I started thinking about replacing it with a different insert. Then I saw the hearthstone and the deal just too good to pass on.

It’s very cold and several inches snow on the ground. So I’m thinking I’m going to burn my Quad this season and put the hearthstone in my garage for storage. I’ll deal with it in the Spring or Summer. Can always go out and stare at it it’s beautiful to look at. I think a major upgrade in the looks department with a little bigger fire box than what I have now.

How do you sleep at night? ;lol

I got a good deal on it from a shop going out of business and then hearthstone jacked prices way up. I sold it private party for half of the price of a new one which is my general starting point. It looked like new and that’s what sells these hearthstones.

Reactions: webby3650
I got a good deal on it from a shop going out of business and then hearthstone jacked prices way up. I sold it private party for half of the price of a new one which is my general starting point. It looked like new and that’s what sells these hearthstones.

You got a sweet deal. I figure I paid about half price and couldn’t go wrong. It was burned a few times as a demo but was babied. They had several gas fireplaces going and only burned it on busy days for demonstration not heat. And it’s been cleaned so well it looks almost new inside. And outside is totally new.

I did the same thing, except mine was used. Paid $400, cleaned up used it for a season and sold it for $1100. Not too shabby

Reactions: Highbeam
I did the same with both our Jotuls. Got them for a great price on hot summer days when stove sales were dead and the dollar was falling against the euro. Sold both the F3CB and F400 in peak season for a little more than I paid for them. The blue-black enamel finish helped quick sales.

Me personally, I would the insert where it is and centrally locate the free stander, either run the one or the other during the lighter months of winter but fire both up when the thermometer drops.