Hearthstone Mansfield or Phoenix?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.
VbNemesis said:
Rich L said:
NH_Wood said:
Rich L said:
Look don't be ridiculous,Stop dreaming even the Mansfield's manual will tell you it's not able to heat that much space so why should you or anyone else think it will.At least get the Equinox or a Blaze King King.

I heat 3000 sqft with my Mansfield - sole source of heat - 2000sqft down and 1000sqft up. Upstairs is cool - low 60's - but fine for sleeping. Cheers!

Yes that's the risk one takes.If it works for some it may not work for others.I would say yours is the exception not the rule according to Hearthstone.It's a better situation to go big more likely to get the job done.

He's not the only exception. I heat my 2400 sq/ft very well with my Mansfield. I'm only on my first year with it, so I had the Unseasoned wood blues of the newbie burner, but i still managed to run it at 550 most of the time. My wife is always cold, so we usually kept the house near 80 with no problem! Now if the price difference isn't a Major issue, I would possibly consider the Equinox. But i doubt you'll be sorry with a Mansfield unless you feed it a poor diet. As far as the Blaze King, I see nothing but good things on them as well.... their just so.... ugly :)

Sir you are not the exception.Hearthstone states the Mansfield heats up to 2500 sq.feet.Yours is heating 2400 sq.ft which is the rule not the exception.If the Mansfield is heating over 2500 sq.ft. that's an exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.