hearthstone manchester

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bhd21478

Hearth Supporter
Oct 18, 2010
Missouri
Hey everyone. Just want to give an update on my hearthstone manchester. I know there has been quite alot of negative feedback on this stove in regards to side door hinges failing and other little issues. Our house was built in Feb of 2017 here in Missouri. So this is my second time around using this wood stove. Its a walkout basement installation. After having a jotul insert in our main dining area of our old hosue this is quite a nice upgrade to have the mess in an area to deal with it better. We have tile flooring down there also, its easy to clean up and tends to radiate heat after beeing warm.

Our class A chimney is long over 26 ft of pipe thats is going up an interior chase. IN the basement the elevated hearth back and side area is bricked to the ceiling. One floor directly above the wood stove is a gas fireplace. We basically passed the pipe through the main living floor run its directly parellel to the vented gas pipe. Everything has been done to fire code specs for saftety. Our house is 4200 sq ft. Last week when the high was around 40 degrees the stove heated the basement to 75 degrees and upstairs held at 70 all day long. I really like the stove so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the stove too. We’ve installed probably 12 or so Manchester’s so far. I service several of them annually, never had a minutes trouble. The issues with the side door hinges must have been resolved very early on, I’ve never seen one with this issue.