Hearthstone Heritage 8021

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CFPBATMAN

Jan 26, 2014
Fort Frances, ON
I am a fairly new wood stove user (previously gas) and have discovered the joys of needing to clean creosote from my chimney. Now the problem begins with just how to gain easy access to the chimney in order to scrape the creosote. The burners and baffle are located at the top of the box and therefore at least the baffle must be removed to ensure the creosote will drop to the box. But I hope to, if possible, clean the chimney from the bottom as I have an "A" frame roof which currently has 3-4 feet of snow planted on it.

I have through other forums learned how to remove the baffle, but is there a simple, or other, way to remove or drop down the heating tubes to gain access to the chimney from the bottom.

I am a fairly new wood stove user (previously gas) and have discovered the joys of needing to clean creosote from my chimney. Now the problem begins with just how to gain easy access to the chimney in order to scrape the creosote. The burners and baffle are located at the top of the box and therefore at least the baffle must be removed to ensure the creosote will drop to the box. But I hope to, if possible, clean the chimney from the bottom as I have an "A" frame roof which currently has 3-4 feet of snow planted on it.

I have through other forums learned how to remove the baffle, but is there a simple, or other, way to remove or drop down the heating tubes to gain access to the chimney from the bottom.
No. The burn tubes are really hard to get out on this stove. Easy to drop the baffle board though. You'll want to feed your device between the tubes.

Status
Not open for further replies.