Hearth - No R requirements?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone's invited over! (as long as you don't expect me to cook!!) BYOB, cozy fire, football on the tube, what more could you ask for? Did I mention I live on a good fishing lake in the middle of the deer woods?? Bring your own 4-wheeler too.

I did actually check my wood. I use a moisture meter at work (a $1000 GE Protimeter) and I took it home one weekend. A good portion of my wood measured at 20-22%, some was a bit over 30%...would the 30% be too wet to burn?

Karen

Sounds great, once again I wish I lived closer...

The <22% (and I assume you resplit the wood and checked the center, correct) should be great. Save the wetter stuff for later in the season and it will likely be GTG by the time you need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.