Harman PC45 no power

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Gavin641

Dec 24, 2013
Chariton,Iowa
Opened the door on my Harman PC45 to scrape the burnpot then the stove shut off and now I have no power light on the circuit board and the fuse is good any ideas on where to go from here thanks.

Is the outlet the stove is plugged into good? You should have power to at least 1 side of the fuse. I think power comes in and hits fuse 1st. If no power to fuse it has to be bad wiring from outlet to board.

take a multimeter and check continuity from the plug to the connection wires for the board (Brown 7 White). then from that same 2 brown and white to the board. if there is continuity then something happend to a trace or transformer on the board.
Harman PC45 no power

burnt windings will look like this

Harman PC45 no power

Any multimeter put it on diod test or a battery powered continuity tester. 1 lead on the prong of the plug and the other on the connector or to the board wher the wire is connected. If the reading is 000 it is a good connection.

I did that and the reading was 000 also took a cord and put some connectors on it and tested the combustion blower motor and it ran,looks like I might have a bad board.

I concur it sounds like some magic smoke was released.