Harman p61 feed rate and control question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like your stove is over drafting a little bit.Pellets stirring is one thing, blowing out is another. There is a trim adjustment for draft control. The ultimate proper method is to adjust that with a meter but you can turn the trim down a little with a screw driver just enough to stop the pellet flight. I adjusted mine that way. I just put a tick mark on the face plate from where I started so I could get back there if something went wrong. In my case my flames had white tips, so also over drafting a bit, I turned it down less than 1/4 turn of the screw and the tips straightened out.
Yes! That's exactly what I need. Where is that screw?

Harman p61 feed rate and control question

If you look in your manual it gives a description first off and it should show in the photo of the control panel as well. . It's a little white recessed screw to the right of the igniter light on the control panel. Don't go nuts on the thing and screw it all up, make very small adjustments and just enough to free yourself of the problem.

Did the same thing here. Some will say that you shouldn't mess with the draft screw adjustment w/o a meter but that's BS. Just mark where it was and you can always return to that setting with no harm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.