Harman P43 Without ESP Probe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Outlet is wired correctly and has one outlet between it and the panel. Kids borrowed the surge protector the other day. I will relieve them of that before I install the new board. I think I'm going to the new style board and a red ESP despite a 1 week old black one in the stove right now. Going forward the parts will all be less expensive. I've run this for 6 years and little has changed, this has been an expensive season.

Hi, I have two 2011 P43 stoves. Both were doing the same thing "feed rate 6 and not feeding enough pellets). Upstairs stove, I replaced gaskets, esp, cleaned everything. Then 1 day it just started pushing pellets over edge and had to turn feed rate back to 3. Burning now as good as new. Downstairs stove, can't still with feed rate at 6. replaced esp, control board and gaskets and still can full fill burn pot. Both stoves are burning Hamers, Room output temp on 1 stove will hit 425 degrees high and other is 290. I can't explain what cleared the 1 stove.

Temp probe? Put it right above the stove and see if it shuts down. If not try stove temp.and let us know what it's doing.

With so many issues, I would check and make sure your outlet is good and wired correctly. If you have it plugged into a surge protector/UPS, that might be going south and allowing surges which may be messing with your stove's electronics.

Surge protector is important. Post how you make out. Updated board is $300++

Stove temp or room temp, same issue. The room temp works good, when I turn to 62 for over night it's 62 when I get up. I have also switched probe from the good stove. no change!