Harman Invincible mfd 1994

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BLUE4NOW

Nov 11, 2017
Maine
Any help on the following issue will be greatly appreciated.
3 blink error "ESP (Exhaust sensing probe) failure. Manual reset does not clear error.

Thanks

I would shoot an email to Harman... ask them if there is a viable replacement. They have been very good responding to my inquiries. (Asking for an app to control my Absolute63).

Mal

I would be interested to hear Harman's response since I have the same stove and had to replace my ESP a few years ago. I've been concerned about finding another one should I need to replace it again someday. Please keep us posted.

Reactions: BLUE4NOW
If you run into a brick wall... don’t fret just yet.

I’m assuming an ESP is just a thermocoupler... that creates millivolts as it heats. I would bet you could find a suitable replacement as literally thousands of HVAC, Plumbing, Grill, etc devices utilize them. Even Automotive applications use exhaust temp sensors.

Mal

You can buy the ESP still, the black wire ones, are the older ones, which you'll need. I purchased one a few weeks back, just do a google search and they will come up. Amazon even had them, I found one cheaper some where else. You can use the newer red wire ones as well,(which are less expensive), just need to change the dip switch #5 to on, or to the up position, that is located on the back of your control board. I was having the same problem as you, with an Invincible RS, bought a new ESP, didn't fix my problem. I even tried a new room sensing probe, didn't fix problem. I went ahead and bought a new control board, that fixed my three blink error, now works fine.

I’m not sure if the OP has the Invincible RS or the earlier T version. Mine is a T mfg in’93, and I’m pretty sure the ESP you got from Amazon wouldn’t work on mine, it looks very different.

Edit: I just realized the OP must have the RS version since my T doesn’t have blink codes.

Last edited: