Harman cleaning.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

samandlillie

Hearth Supporter
Oct 2, 2007
What do you Harman owners do when you scrape the burnpot? Do you unplug before opening the door to give the stove a quick scrape so the house does not fill with smoke? I have found that a daily scrape in am. provides a cleaner burn during the day. I have no clinkers but try to clean the glass daily and scrape daily.
Wayne in NS

If you unplug the stove your house WILL fill with smoke.
Open the door while it's running and just break the clinkers from the burnpot. Having the combustion blower running when you open the door will kinda make it like a hood over the kitchen stove some smoke will escape but most will be drawn out with the comb blower.
My ritual was
wake up in the morning top off with pellets
go to work
come home from work, quick scrape of the burnpot with the tool listed below.
relax
top off with pellets
go to bed.
repeat daily.
:)

Attachments

• Harman cleaning.
    scraper tool.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 239
samandlillie said:
What do you Harman owners do when you scrape the burnpot? Do you unplug before opening the door to give the stove a quick scrape so the house does not fill with smoke? I have found that a daily scrape in am. provides a cleaner burn during the day. I have no clinkers but try to clean the glass daily and scrape daily.
Wayne in NS

What smoke? You mean while it is running?
The only time I unplug the stove is when it is cold and is due for a good cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.