Hang on tight!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Hope he's ok, doesn't look too ok by the way he was bending though. Kind of his own fault for taking the lazy way and cutting so much off at once. I think I can still see he saw flying cross country.

Something's not right with that situation. There must have been a rope connecting the top of the tree to the bottom, the top falls about 5 ft before the remainder of the stem violently gets pulled in the direction of the fall.

Yes,it looks like a rope was snagged on the top section

I was quite surprised when the tree climber I hired dropped the top 50' of the a 116' white pine in one piece. The lower section had nearly no branches but it had quite a bushy crown. He notched it in the air and it went over slow but he still did move around a bit strapped to the tree when the top went over.

I am very good with a chain saw. Got 2 Stihls and a Husqvarna. I work standing on the ground.
Good Lord is it dangerous to climb with a saw. My hat is off to the tree climbers, it really takes some guts.