Great secondary burn but with air closed!?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

agz124

Hearth Supporter
Jul 16, 2007
My quad 4300 produces secondary burn even when both air controls are closed all the way. I have noticed that the amount of flames significantly reduce when I close the air and sometimes all flames die and then I open the secondary air a bit to get them back. Is it normal to get secondary flames for 30-40 minutes after you have closed both controls?

Thanks

Yes that is the way things are cant shut a stove down with these EPA regs. Draft is pulling air into the stove and burning the smoke no matter what you do. They are cleaner that way. Less smoke in the neighborhood.

You realize you don't have any control over the secondary air, correct? You're two air controls are for start-up air and primary air. The secondary air is not adjustable. You should have secondary flames for longer than 30 minutes, depending on the wood load.

Status
Not open for further replies.