Grandma bear insert questions.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

Trenton

Oct 9, 2024
Albuquerque n.m.
I have 10 ft from top of insert to top of chimney . I live around 5000 ft elevation but average cold temp is around 30degree. I have 11 by 11 inch clay chimney to install flex pipe in. Please help. Thanks for this site

I have 10 ft from top of insert to top of chimney . I live around 5000 ft elevation but average cold temp is around 30degree. I have 11 by 11 inch clay chimney to install flex pipe in. Please help. Thanks for this site
Help how?

Help how?
I would like to know the best size liner to insure good draw. If there is any other tip or pointers it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for replying.

I would like to know the best size liner to insure good draw. If there is any other tip or pointers it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for replying.
Same size as the outlet of the stove so 8". Insulation on the liner. An insulated block off plate.

Will 10 ft be enough for this stove? At 5000 ft?