Gotta love that wood heat!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Osage

Feeling the Heat
Nov 3, 2011
kansas
35 mph wind and snow. Actually had to throttle the Lopi back a little. Have the Mama Bear going in the shed.

Gotta love that wood heat! Gotta love that wood heat! Gotta love that wood heat!

Love the looks of the lopi!
Thanks. It may be an older stove, but I would put it up against anything out there when it comes to throwing out some heat.
It does use more wood than a modern one but I cut all my wood within a 1/2 mile of home and enjoy processing it.

Looks like your having a heat wave, I’d love to see 2 degrees it’s 32 below in northern Wisconsin got up early to crank the wood stove up

Looks like your having a heat wave, I’d love to see 2 degrees it’s 32 below in northern Wisconsin got up early to crank the wood stove up
Your pretty chilly up there. Right now our wind chill is 35 below and -10 air temp.

Decent steady winter here, colder then the last 2 winters and certainly more snowier also. The outside temps have been very manageable, lows in the single digits to low teens, highs ranging upper teens to mid 20's. Seems like the heart of the winter is breaking down a little on the east coast, more zonal pattern coming for the end of Feb which means steadier temps for much of the lower 48, should be an easy transition to spring in the next 6 weeks or so.