Going though wood...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's common to use a corrugated flex liner the whole way, and they clean up really well espescially with rotary cleaning which I'd say is becoming more and more common. Possibly call around and see if there are any sweeps who do installs who might be able to give you a quote on installing a block off plate and adding insulation to your liner?

I wouldn't look to your dealer for anymore advice. From the things you've mentioned he is grossly misinformed.

Also why would they use an adjustable type liner the entire length. they left some extra at my home and i was surprised to see that. My thought would be it's harder to clean with a brush and would collect more creosote. wouldn't smooth pipe going up be better?

The Dealer stated that because I don't have a prefab chimney that the installation is just not needed and the VC states you cannot install one.

I am just really disappointing After spending A LOT of money in what amounts to nothing more then a glorified fireplace. At this point the more I read these forums, the more I feel I got scammed :(

Don't feel bad.
Just because someone sells a product doesn't mean they know all about that product and how to use it.
I've been in the same place you are now at times.
Take a step back, take a deep breath and you'll get this straightened out with help from some of the great folks here.
Look at it as a learning experience.

the dealer told me that because i have a external masonry chimney that I cannot and should not insulate the liner. that it will overheat the unit and void any warranty .

I heard of the block off plate but I cant seem to figure out a way to get the decorative surround off to see whats behind the stove. I purchased a new IR temp meter and the surface temp of the glass and the iron around the glass is in the range of 400-600 depending on how much the fire is going. the heat surface temp where the air is blowing out of is 250-300 but it just seems like it's not hot enough.. i dunno. I was hoping someone with the same insert could compare against what i've got.
Push colder air along the floor into the stove room.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.