fuses

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jerryswope

Dec 30, 2020
zullinger Pa
i have a classic bay 1200 pellet stove model cb1200m-mbk dont know a thing about it the auger stopped working on it and someone here was helping with it the other day i checked the snap rings ?? the way i was told and cleaned out everything now i was told there are fuses the only fuse i see is the one by where the reset button and the power switch is the question is ...is there anymore fuses in the unit that can prevent the auger from running

There is only one fuse that handles power to the stove I believe it is a 5a or 6a 125V/250v. There is a pico fuse on the motherboard but I doubt that would be your problem unless you had a power surge/spike.

does the auger run at all? Have you emptied the hopper and watch the auger? Take thehose off the vacuum switch and check the ends are not cracked. With the hose off the switch and connect ed to the stove, blow through the hose. When did you last clean out the trap door where the pot rid is? Does your stove have a hopper switch? This is some homework for ya. Let us know how you make out

Last edited:
There is only one fuse that handles power to the stove I believe it is a 5a or 6a 125V/250v. There is a pico fuse on the motherboard but I doubt that would be your problem unless you had a power surge/spike.

does the auger run at all? Have you emptied the hopper and watch the auger? Take thehose off the vacuum switch and check the ends are not cracked. With the hose off the switch and connect ed to the stove, blow through the hose. When did you last clean out the trap door where the pot rid is? Does your stove have a hopper switch? This is some homework for ya. Let us know how you make out
auger dose not run at all yes hopper has been emptied i cleaned out everything ash from top to bottom cleaned the vacuum hose even did a jumper test to each snap disc seems like there is no power ...every time i plug the stove into the wall outlet the blower motor comes on like it usually dose but nothing to the auger motor thats why i ask is there a fuse some where else in the stove that controls that besides the snap disc

Is there a call for heat light? Is it on a thermostat?

The stoves combustion blower will run for 12-15 min after its first plugged in nothing else will till you hit the reset or if its on a tstat and it still may need an initial reset to start

The stoves combustion blower will run for 12-15 min after its first plugged in nothing else will till you hit the reset or if its on a tstat and it still may need an initial reset to start
yes you are correct the blower dose do that but with in a min the auger should but don't move pellets

Re-read the Post

Pressing the reset does nothing?

Ok unplug the stove, on the rt side of the hopper (inside) can you see your control box? Pull the box out and check for anything scorched on the card edge (connections) reinstall and plug back in then hit reset. (If the board is not damaged)

If hopper is completely empty you may need pellets in there so vacuum builds up and auger circuit is completed. Jumping across vacuum switch will eliminate any lack of vacuum as a concern. There is a small green pico fuse on the mother board that if blown will prevent auger from running. Usually the 7 pin IC driver chip will also be blown with it, typically due to a short circuit event in auger electrical circuit .

Reactions: Ssyko
If hopper is completely empty you may need pellets in there so vacuum builds up and auger circuit is completed. Jumping across vacuum switch will eliminate any lack of vacuum as a concern. There is a small green pico fuse on the mother board that if blown will prevent auger from running. Usually the 7 pin IC driver chip will also be blown with it, typically due to a short circuit event in auger electrical circuit .
makes sense i keep hitting the reset button and nothing so i might need a new circuit board ...

Ok unplug the stove, on the rt side of the hopper (inside) can you see your control box? Pull the box out and check for anything scorched on the card edge (connections) reinstall and plug back in then hit reset. (If the board is not damaged)
nope the board isnt damaged i reinstalled and tried again and nothing

did you put in some pellets

If one of the discrete components mentioned are bad they can be fixed rather cheaply but need a solder iron, solder sucker, good lead cutters and a bit of patience. Try jumping the two vacuum switch leads together first to see what happens after turning thermostat back on or hitting reset. Make sure this is done with stove unplugged or you risk getting a shock.

How old is the stove? Does it have a hopper switch? Its a magnetic contact switch like window allarms.

Last edited:
How old is the stove? Does it have a hopper switch? Its a magnetic contact switch like window allarms.
we bought the house December 1st was bought by previous owner in 2013 so the stove has been in house 7 years ...to answer your question about the switch yes it dose but i never open the bigger door its always the smaller one to put the pellets in that door doesn't have a switch to it

to answer your question about the switch yes it dose but i never open the bigger door its always the smaller one to put the pellets in that door doesn't have a switch to it
OK, now you lost me your hopper has 2(two) doors?
why would they put a switch on one and not the other?
But then again I have never seen a stove with 2 pellet fill doors

lolololol...the larger door is the one the one that has the switch on the left back corner you lift that lid up to get to the cleaning pull rods i call them then the other door is on top of that is the fill door i call it to where you open up to fill the hopper ...here is the model its a clasic bay 1200 model number 1200m-mbk

Any chance you can put some photos up? Like johneh....I’m lost

Reactions: johneh
lolololol....i never ststed in last comment there was two fill doors

Attachments

• WIN_20210102_11_47_52_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20210102_11_47_52_Pro.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 94
  • WIN_20210102_11_48_28_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20210102_11_48_28_Pro.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 85
So one is the hopper door and the other is the whole top of the stove !!