Full Box.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda like wife swap haha!

Yaknow, last summer they cut down every single tree underneath the power lines running from the nuke plant across the state. I drive by every day looking at all those thousands of cords od wood laying there rotting. Most on the side of the mountain and no access. Would be so nice if they put it in a pile for everyone to take and heat their homes with. But it sits ans rots. No glowing logs here, I wish! I do have a first hand view of the cloud makers though.
The effort it took to install the Summit by myself, the only way that thing is ever leaving that hole is if/when it is time for another burner. Maybe coal, been thinking about that also.
I would love to have a King and the Summit, best of both worlds. But the 30 will be no slouch either once I ever get that hooked up.

This year has really been a major step in growth for my burning. Cut loading 3x a day down, and with some patience, I cut back to 2x a day. Not sure how that will play if the temps ever stay below 20.
I do throw some pine in once in a while if I didn't have a tight full box, and it was also some uglies and softer stuff that burned a lil faster than the oak. The pine lasts longer then I thought it would too.
I will be hurting next year. Only have maybe 2 cords good dry stuff, have to get a log truck load in soon, and start processing. Won't be best for next year, but I'll have to see how it dries or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.