FPX large hybrid insert or Regency ci2600- which would you recommend?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked at the linked thread and I still don't see what the proper way is to wire this fan up. I put a call into an electrician and I am hoping he can put an outlet in the fireplace. But, why is heat not an issue for the cord or the outlet. I thought it would get warm back there. Can anyone explain to me how this works? I want hide the wires, but don't want problems with something I cannot see.

Should I start a new thread about the electrical outlet?

Last edited:
It's just a regular plug, but you can connect it on left or right side. The temp doesn't rise there much, everything is ok to touch even if unit hot and working, so don't worry.

I ended up purchasing the FPX large Hybrid. Once I learned how to use it and improved my wood supply, I now love it. It is really nice looking and pumps out decent heat. The downside is not having the radiant heat of a free standing stove, but the upside is that it looks nice and the fan is adjustable down to a very quite level. The glass cleans right up with good wood.
Anybody know how often I need to clean out the ash. I have been burning wood continuously for 5 days.

Dump the ash as needed. How frequently will depend on the wood burned. Some wood creates lots of ash and some create very little. I let it go as long as possible, but on an insert without an ashlip you'll want to clean it out before it reaches the door opening level, or around 3-4" deep. Leave about 1/2" to 1" behind. Be sure to turn the blower off first and clean up the hearth well before turning it back on.

I ended up purchasing the FPX large Hybrid. Once I learned how to use it and improved my wood supply, I now love it. It is really nice looking and pumps out decent heat. The downside is not having the radiant heat of a free standing stove, but the upside is that it looks nice and the fan is adjustable down to a very quite level. The glass cleans right up with good wood.
Anybody know how often I need to clean out the ash. I have been burning wood continuously for 5 days.
Don't underestimate radiant heat from this insert. It has big glass and its jacketed . I can feel the heat from it when blower is not on. I turn the blower off as soon as room temp is comfortable. Tell us about your install, how did you insulate firebox, did you het block off plate? Picture wood be nice .

Status
Not open for further replies.