FP-45 not lighting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabor129

Sep 26, 2014
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Hi all!
I got a problem once again. My stove quit lighting the pellets. It was fine last night and this morning, however now it gives me an error code L, which can be a lot of things. However the igniter is not even warm, when the stove is in the initial cycle. This leaves me to believe it is either the igniter itself, the fuse for the igniter, or the controller not sending the light command. How likely are these scenarios and how could I test for them. Other than testing the fuse I am lost. Got to buy a tester for that too...LOL.
I lit the stove manually, and it has been running on manual since 5pm. So it is not any of the other sensors that the manual gave me. There is no thech for pellet stoves in this area, and it was purchased at a lumber store, so it is not serviced by them. I did the install, and do the cleaning and such, so I think servicing is going to be up to me as well.
Thanks in advance!

First your going to have be able to test the fuse and if the fuse blew its probably cause the igniter went bad. Simple volt-ohm meters are cheap at around$10US.

what would cause the fuse to pop?
Shorted out igniter. If the igniter burned open then the igniter is shot too. If you want to check farther you could test the leads to see if they have power when the stove is in start mode and rule out a bad relay from the boards.

Try and google the thermistor and see

Shoot for the easy stuff first. Good luck

Yep, the easy stuff:)

Status
Not open for further replies.