Flue sizing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Fishdfish

Jan 22, 2019
Slippery rock,pa
hello all, just joined! Quick question, Ian installing a Brunco 190 that calls for an 8” flue. I would like to save some money and run a 6”. Can I do this? 3-4ft inside single wall and 22ft straight up triple wall on the exterior

hello all, just joined! Quick question, Ian installing a Brunco 190 that calls for an 8” flue. I would like to save some money and run a 6”. Can I do this? 3-4ft inside single wall and 22ft straight up triple wall on the exterior
Nope you cant run 6". 7" would probably work ok but you should use 8". And dont use triple wall. Use insulated doublewall it is a far better product.

Reactions: HomeinPA
I back this. Don't go significantly smaller than the recommended. There are somethings you can cheap out on and when fire is involved I don't skimp. Enjoy your Brunco that's going to make it toasty.