Floor pad.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Keninmaine

Jan 2, 2023
Coastal Maine
Guy on marketplace sez this is a 54”x54” True North. Thoughts on this? I am having problems finding any online info. Looks like mineral grout, but I am guessing.

I asked him for other info. Low profile is a concern.

That looks like a commercial pad, maybe a Hearth Classic? This resembles their Arctic Sky pattern. The size looks like it might be a 48" x 54". If this checks out, that is a great price. These are expensive hearth pads and they are heavy. Bring a helper to load.

3rd pic label. Hearth Classics. 2 nd shows rust on band. 1st ? Air space? What function do these serve? These on a hardwood floor gave me pause long enough for this pad to sell. I figured I could paint the band.

I wish I could find a dealer in Maine to look at one of these.

Floor pad. Floor pad. Floor pad.

Their website mentions you can install over carpet. It's my guess that those bars provide rigidness to prevent flexing on carpet. Easily removed for hard floors.

It looks like this was in a damp location at some point. You can paint the band. This is a $5-600 hearth pad new. We have a Hearth Classics pad under our stove. They make a high-quality pad.

This may be their 49" x 48" pad. It's hard to tell from the picture. The link below will give you a sense of their pricing, though this is for their Type 2 pad with more insulation.

Last edited:
Their website mentions you can install over carpet. It's my guess that those bars provide rigidness to prevent flexing on carpet. Easily removed for hard floors.
I wouldn't do that without Hearth Classic's blessings. They may be stiffeners to avoid the flexing of this heavy pad.

Reactions: rwhite