fisher wood stove collar repair

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Idk.. I ran my old riteway 37 for decades.. heats my whole house.. this 1 is the exact same one. That's never been used until I fired it up this fall. And it works great with some modification to the pipe and some high heat tape to seal up the leak.. the adjustable air intake on these stove works awesome. I can set it to run at what ever temp I want and that thing just chugs right along steady as a rock till the wood is gone

100 bucks on the local classifieds.. probably 40 years old and never even used once.. same exact stove I ran for almost 25...30 years.. absolutely love these stoves.. when the thing gets to the temp you want just turn that air intake dial till it closes and she will stay right at the temp untill the woid is gone..

20221230_155114.jpg

100 bucks on the local classifieds.. probably 40 years old and never even used once.. same exact stove I ran for almost 25...30 years.. absolutely love these stoves.. when the thing gets to the temp you want just turn that air intake dial till it closes and she will stay right at the temp untill the woid is gone..

View attachment 324260
Oh I know exactly what they are.

I guess I should have read all of your inquiry. Yes I have used 6 in sch 40 A53 carbon steel pipe for a collar on the back of an old self built box stove. It worked fine. The stove is sitting in a shed now. What a beast, not any where near epa, ul or any other agency approved. I sure did get a buy on 1/2 inch plate.

Google 6 in sch 40 pipe and check the dimensions.

I must be a hoarder... it will never see a fire in my lifetime. Kids can figure out what to do with it after I move on.

I guess I should have read all of your inquiry. Yes I have used 6 in sch 40 A53 carbon steel pipe for a collar on the back of an old self built box stove. It worked fine. The stove is sitting in a shed now. What a beast, not any where near epa, ul or any other agency approved. I sure did get a buy on 1/2 inch plate.

I must be a hoarder... it will never see a fire in my lifetime. Kids can figure out what to do with it after I move on.

Thank you.. you arr the second person to recommend the schedule 40 pipe.. I plan to take a store bought SP 90 to a pipe supply house and see how well the crimped end fits first hand. As long as I'm happy with the fit I believe that's the way I'll go.. I have the tools and welders to make the repair myself so shouldn't be much trouble.. and then I won't have to modify/ compromise the stove pipe every time I take it apart or change the pipe.. I absolutely love these stoves and I'm not 1 to give up easy.! Lol. Thanks again.. definitely appreciate you time to respond