Fisher Insert sizes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Welcome. We need a lot more information to answer that question. What are the fireplace dimensions (L, H, D, front and back). Is this a full masonry fireplace?

Moved to the Fisher forum, added Fisher to the title.

I can get u my Dimensions on my fireplace
But I was wondering what fisher insert was the bigger one ?
Most of them are sized very similarly. I think there are a couple smaller ones but they are uncommon. Why only considering fishers?

The first and full size Insert is the “Fisher Fireplace Insert”. They are the most common and use Grandma doors marked GM/L and GM/R on back of doors. The Insert itself is the same size with optional solid or glass doors. Series III and IV have different shape glass opening, same size box. Other Insert models are smaller. Full size uses 4 bricks across the back and 6 down each side if you have an Insert you are trying to identify.

Models made for a zero clearance fireplace are smaller and marked with PB on inside of doors, for Polar Bear. They also have a double height air opening at top with larger convection channels.

Other models were the Honey Bear and Cub. Pictures are easier to identify by the shape of glass, exhaust opening, and damper type.

There were two rare models made in 1988 before closing. They are no larger than the full size Insert. Pictures needed to identify if tags are missing.

Dimensions of the full size Fisher Fireplace Insert;

1666124265546.jpeg

This was a drawing I made for baffle fabrication, the red angled line will not be in a factory built Insert until added along with the extra brick shown to support font of baffle plate.