First fire in Blaze King

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bill in the U.P.

Burning Hunk
Dec 6, 2016
Michigan
After weeks of work, we finally got the stove pipe installed last evening and lit up the King.

Attachments

• First fire in Blaze King
    20201110_201114.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 322
  • First fire in Blaze King
    20201110_201127.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 305
Reactions: Gearhead660
You will appreciate that elevated hearth....given all the fuel you can load into a King! Looks good....

Reactions: Bill in the U.P.
Is it all 8”? Wow, that’s a lot of pipe.

Looks fantastic and I bet there is an amazing view out those windows too.

Holy foo'k, how's the draft, hope you're able to control it, but luv the look?

Is it all 8”? Wow, that’s a lot of pipe.
All 8" double wall. Sections were Selkirk adjustable up to 5 ft. 8 inches. Special ordered from Menards. Originally attempted with the 3 ft. sections Menards had in stock.

Reactions: Highbeam
Draft seems fine.

Looks fantastic and I bet there is an amazing view out those windows too.
Thank you. The house is on a bluff overlooking the Chocolay river.

Sweet !!
Now it’s time to trim those windows...
Lol. New but unfinished house. We had a great week of weather and spent as much time as possible putting up LP Smartside siding. Trying to get as much outdoor work done as we can before the heavy snows bring us inside. Big project and way slower at my age. But way better than sitting around in a rotting (rocking) chair.