Fireplace suggestion needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

anonymous1977

Mar 3, 2021
NJ
Fireplace suggestion needed

I am extending my house to have a 500 sq ft addition split between a sunroom occupying 3/4 of the place and an office room occupying 1/4 of the place. I plan to install a gas fireplace in the sunroom. I have previously used novus in my living room and approached the same dealer who has given me options between heat&glo or heatilator. Should I go for these or do you suggest something else? What BTU should I target?

That is a lot of fireplace for just 500 sq ft. Don't get me wrong, it is a great unit but I would probably go with the 7X at a maximum for that square footage if I were looking at Heat N Glo. I service all makes and models and the Heat N Glo quality is head and shoulders above Heatilator. They are owned by the same parent company. I tend to lean toward Kozy Heat and Mendota but I am partial to the SIT Proflame II electronics.

That is a lot of fireplace for just 500 sq ft. Don't get me wrong, it is a great unit but I would probably go with the 7X at a maximum for that square footage if I were looking at Heat N Glo. I service all makes and models and the Heat N Glo quality is head and shoulders above Heatilator. They are owned by the same parent company. I tend to lean toward Kozy Heat and Mendota but I am partial to the SIT Proflame II electronics.
The salesman is suggesting the 6k instead of the 6kx. I am looking for a large viewing area.bwhaybis the 7x model?