Q&A Fireplace Insert that looks like fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

I have been looking around for a fireplace insert that looks like a fireplace. I really don't want a closed door sort of thing. My in laws have an item known as a Thermograte. It is a blower tube fire grate that slides in to an existing fireplace. It works great- but as far as I can tell the company no longer exists. If you have some info on the product- or something similar- I would sure appreciate it!!!

Answer:

Thermograte does not exist anymore...but a better and heavier model of the same type is made by Wilkening Fireplace...This one is closed and has glass doors...Or try some of the "Grate Heaters"- a blower grate that works with all or most glass doors.

Link: Wilkening Fireplace Site

Status
Not open for further replies.