Finding piping for older Superior wood-burning fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jillshubby

Aug 1, 2024
Texas
Hello, I have an older Superior fireplace that has never been installed and never used. It is in very good condition, so I would still like to use it to avoid buying a new one, but it appears to be from 2002. Can you help me find the double wall piping that would fit it properly, or an adpater that would allow me to use currently avilable piping with it?

It is Model: BR-36, Serial Number: 6402J00496. The label says the manufacture date is "09 02", which I assume means Sept of 2002. I'm attaching some photos

Finding piping for older Superior wood-burning fireplace Finding piping for older Superior wood-burning fireplace Finding piping for older Superior wood-burning fireplace

What does the manual spec out for the chimney pipe requirements? It should list acceptable options. I think this takes FT8 pipe, but not sure. Give woodstovepro.com a call once the pipe requirement is determined. 1-888-418-0005

Last edited: