F500 Hearth requirement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

CraigPO

Dec 19, 2023
New york
I am looking into purchasing an F500, but I am seeing conflicting info on what I need to build for a hearth. One of their documents say I just need a non combustible material or 1.6R if it is in an alcove, while the other document says it must be 1.6 R period. Which one is correct? Building a 1.6R hearth is more complex and costly and if it isn’t needed, I would prefer to avoid doing so.

Thanks,

Craig

IMG_0035.png IMG_0036.png

I am looking into purchasing an F500, but I am seeing conflicting info on what I need to build for a hearth. One of their documents say I just need a non combustible material or 1.6R if it is in an alcove, while the other document says it must be 1.6 R period. Which one is correct? Building a 1.6R hearth is more complex and costly and if it isn’t needed, I would prefer to avoid doing so.

Thanks,

Craig

View attachment 320999 View attachment 321000
It's ember protection only with the bottom heat shield. 1.6 without.

BTW read up on the v3 here a bit before committing