Enviro 1600 issue.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Fire9219

Dec 2, 2019
Wendell idaho
I recently purchased a newer stove for our 2600 SF home to replace our ancient inefficient stove.
I have approximately 15 ft of chimney.
i have a pine and Russian olive mix I have been burning in our other stove with no issues other than the stove is ugly and burns way to fast.
the newer enviro stove won't keep a fire going if I don't have the door open.
Regardless of where the sliding damper is at it makes no difference on how the fire burns what so ever.
I can't seem to keep a fire going once the door is closed.
i did run compressed air all through the stove.
in the fresh air inlet ports under the ash pan and in the back of the stove.
any help would be super appreciated .
thanks!

Photos of before and after.
New dual wall stainless coming soon.
IMG_20191201_230805.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20191201_101832.jpg
    IMG_20191201_101832.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 197
I would say the problem is your wood, go buy some compressed logs and see how the stove performs

Could be the wood combined with insufficient draft. It looks like the stove is connected to 8" stove pipe. If so that may be contributing to the problem.

How tall is the flue system from stovetop to the chimney cap?

I recently purchased a newer stove for our 2600 SF home to replace our ancient inefficient stove.
I have approximately 15 ft of chimney.
i have a pine and Russian olive mix I have been burning in our other stove with no issues other than the stove is ugly and burns way to fast.
the newer enviro stove won't keep a fire going if I don't have the door open.
Regardless of where the sliding damper is at it makes no difference on how the fire burns what so ever.
I can't seem to keep a fire going once the door is closed.
i did run compressed air all through the stove.
in the fresh air inlet ports under the ash pan and in the back of the stove.
any help would be super appreciated .
thanks!
Digging up a old thread here, but i have the same stove (other than mine has the ash box underneath) and i am having the same issue. Did you ever figure out how to fix the drafting issue?

Check the moisture content of your wood. Newer stoves are much pickier about wood quality than older ones are.

How tall, and what diameter is your chimney/flue?