Englander 25pdvc stopped working

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Shoe0402

Dec 15, 2015
Pennsylvania
Hi guys today I tried cleaning my stove quick and I was lining the bearings. I normally unplug the stove but I didn’t this time and when I pulled the lube gun out I hit the Control board which caused a spark. After I cleaned it I turned it on and ran for a minutes then shut off. Nothing would turn back on when I went to the back there was some smoke and the air intake was hot near the stove. Some wires were laying on it and it melted. Any idea what may be wrong now

what about the melted wires?

what about the melted wires?
I cut the bad out of the wires and rewired them. I am working night shift tonight I woke up an hour and half later and the stove was off liked it powered down. I just turned it back on it was still warm so I don’t think it was shut down for long. I will see if it does anything before I leave

The wires turned your oak into a very large resistor. I am surprised it didn’t pop you main circuit breaker.

The wires turned your oak into a very large resistor. I am surprised it didn’t pop you main circuit breaker.
That’s what I kind of figured. Like I said also the stove shut down after I went to take a nap when I started up I acted like it went into a normal shut down. I just started it back up and will monitor it again before I leave for work

If I were you, I'd be ordering a spare board just in case. Never hurts to have a spare on hand, just like blower and auger motors, spares can save your bacon (and eggs too).

I keep spares all the time. That way I'm never left holding the bag (of pellets).... :)

Never have figured out why new cars don' t have spare tires but then I'm old school.

Reactions: Shoe0402
My New Jeep has Spare Tire. Big Honking One on the Rear Tailgate.

Attachments

• Englander 25pdvc stopped working
    IMG_7643.JPG
    294.2 KB · Views: 96
  • Haha
Reactions: johneh and Shoe0402
Consider yourself an exception today.