Englander 25pdvc heat problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it doesn't sound bad, just like its expanding and contracting thats all. i wonder if anyone else ever had this issue

Metal does this when it gets hot --- ever listened to your car when you turn the engine off, hear the little crackles ..... that's the exhaust cooling down.

I was just going to say that. The only tick I get is when the stove cools down after being real hot.

Mine kept up last week when it was in the low teens and sigle digits running in C mode with good very low ash pellets

I was just going to say that. The only tick I get is when the stove cools down after being real hot.

Mine kept up last week when it was in the low teens and sigle digits running in C mode with good very low ash pellets

Yes, the stove will keep up in mode 'c' if the house / area is well insulated, it will start to struggle when it gets to 0F and below outside, but as I said, all depends on how well insulated the home is.

Mine has just started ticking intermittently, after 3 years. It does sound like heat expansion. I have no idea what it is.

I hear a metal tick like steel expanding and contracting.. No bigge.. The big thing is don't let the house get cold.. Once the house has a chill to it it's tough to break.. I keep a eye on the weather and if I know it's gonna get cold I crank it to high and get the house as warm as possible before the cold sets in my stove ran on 9-9 for 3 weeks straight 1500 lbs of pellets later the cold broke

what is c mode and how do i put it in it and are their any other modes

Search for C Mode and click titles only in your search.

Yes, the stove will keep up in mode 'c' if the house / area is well insulated, it will start to struggle when it gets to 0F and below outside, but as I said, all depends on how well insulated the home is.

my home is well insulated, does c mode consume more pellets. im pretty much trying to get my bang for my buck with pellets

Yes, more pellets. More pellets means more heat. Worst I got to was 2 bags a day. It's nice to know it can keep with the teens and single digits outside. Need a low ash pellet so your burn pot doesn't overfill overnight.

Yes, more pellets. More pellets means more heat. Worst I got to was 2 bags a day. It's nice to know it can keep with the teens and single digits outside. Need a low ash pellet so your burn pot doesn't overfill overnight.

ok right now i got the stove at 5-5 and its giving me 70 downstairs and 65 upstairs, its 30 degrees out right now, does that sound about right

Sounds better. Crank it up man. 9-9 all the way. You need to get the house up to temp and then it will hold it on 5/6 for heat. It will take days, if ever, to warm the house on 5-5

Status
Not open for further replies.