Englander 25 pdv top auger cutting in and out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a long hour.. Cleaned the convection blower and vacuum lines for both vac switches just stared and running now.. Getting 570 degrees above the door and 170 degrees at the thermocouple... That's running on 9-9

That was a long hour.. Cleaned the convection blower and vacuum lines for both vac switches just stared and running now.. Getting 570 degrees above the door and 170 degrees at the thermocouple... That's running on 9-9

Thats hot... havnt had a need to run mine that high. I would just keep an eye on it. If/when you notice the auger quit then take a quick reading.. no clue if theres a way to test the thermo or not

I did notice a Lot more air coming out of the stove after cleaning the blower.. The grate was half clogged with dust..

Well ok.. back to ummm what was what? Clean it first :) sorry i had too

Well it just did it again... I honestly think it's just over firing with these pellets..

You never did answer that question.. what pellets are you using? And did you just get a reading at the thermocouple??

Thermocouple was about 200 and the door was about 625

I'm using green team pellets burn nice low ash lots of heat..

I have one bag left from the last ton the pellets are longer I scooped out all the pellets from the hopper and gonna put that bag in and see what happens

secret pellets huh?

Possibly the thermocouple is giving a bad reading.. you should be able to run diagnostics with your board. Worth a shot anyway

It has been said that it is not recomended to run on 9 for any length of time. Mostly meant for short runs and thermostat runs. No clue if that is true or not. Like i said i havnt found a need to run mine that hot.
The smaller pellets will feed alot faster causing it to run hotter. Just wish i could find out what brand pellets they are :-/

I said it lol I'm using Green Team pellets they sell them here in mass there made in Pennsylvania hardwoods

Yup sorry.. thats the one line i did skip over.. the room blower isnt stopping is it?

Like Chris, I run my stove in C mode on 9's a lot. When the temp goes below 20 outside, i have to run 9's to keep up. I've never overfired my stove though. interesting situation Chris, glad it's somewhat resolved now.

my stove also does not have a restricter plate, noticed that a month after owning the stove.. so with small pellets running on 9 is dumping in some serious fuel.... i will say i haven't had pellets burn quite as hot as these.. and the house is staying warm, even with the stove running on 6 so oh well

It's the pellets.... Bun running for a hour and a half full bore and chugging along...
my stove also does not have a restricter plate, noticed that a month after owning the stove.. so with small pellets running on 9 is dumping in some serious fuel.... i will say i haven't had pellets burn quite as hot as these.. and the house is staying warm, even with the stove running on 6 so oh well

Going to notice you will use up a bag a bit faster too.

I still find it odd that you had a 200 degree reading as it quit.

I am tempted to turn my fan down and let it overfire to get a reading for comparison..just not sure yet tho

I'm using green team pellets burn nice low ash lots of heat..

I have one bag left from the last ton the pellets are longer I scooped out all the pellets from the hopper and gonna put that bag in and see what happens

Apparently these stoves need to get extremely hot before triggering the over limit.
I vacumed mine out and changed it to mode C today. Cranked it up on 9 to heat the place back up. Only ran it on 9 about 35 minutes or so but center surface temp on stove was 500. The thermocouple was only at 250.

But this makes me wonder why yours was shutting down at 200.

Maybe my reading was off.... with the cold snap were in, the stove has been running on 8-9 for 2 days straight.. hasn't skipped a beat.. "knock on wood" i also noticed its was only a few of the bags with smaller pellets..

Status
Not open for further replies.