Englander 10CPM

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MikeWard

Nov 1, 2018
Poplar Ridge NY
I am new to pellet stoves but have learned alot this shoulder season so far but bare with me! A couple questions I have are can I open the door while the stove is running to scrape the burn pot after a few days of constant burning. Also with burning pellets do I need to leave the fuel stirrer in the burn pot or can I get rid of it? I ask because it seams to bind up every couple of rotations and the burn pot jumps is there a fix to this?

From your manual
Daily Ash Maintenance
Press the “OFF” touch pad and allow the stove to shutdown (approx. five (5) minutes) prior to opening the door. A long-handled screwdriver or long-handled putty knife can be used to scrape off any build-up or crust in the burnpot area. Remove and clean the burnpot (See page 15). Daily cleaning may not be required when burning wood pellets.

So I would have to say no. And cleaning/scraping the pot should be done daily, not after a few days.