englander 10 cpm

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well IM at 7 / 7 with bottom,settings at 2/4/1 and it seems to be burning well. It 0 outside and 77 inside....
Thanks for help... I'm sure well need more along the way.
What do you think was biggest change the air wash bring I n right it the pellet change.....tomorrow night I will switch back to old pellets and see how they run now.... it's suppose to be below
Zero the next few nights with a -25 for tomorrow so maybe I'll wait..thanks again for all your feed back

How hot should the heat be coming out of fan??
I put a thermometer in front of heater about 1 foot away and it only got up to 100 F

Our low temperature yesterday morning was 13 below 0 and I had 74 degrees in a 1100 square foot house running just the 10-cpm with 6-9 and bottom settings at 1-5-2 using Maine woods pellets. That temp was in the stove room -- at the other end of the house it was probably 66 or so. A lot of it is dependent on what type of pellet you're using and there are some crappy ones out there - MWP works good for me. Another thing I've noticed is pellet stoves are great at maintaining a temperature but take a long time to raise temperature....if the house had been at 60 yesterday morning and I tried to get it to 74 with the pellet stove I would have been waiting a very long time. This is our second winter with the stove and I've learned what setting to put it depending on what the temp is outside to keep the house at the temp I want -- and I burn about a bag a day. My OAK frosts up on the outside at a temp in the teens or below - doesn't affect performance.
Which pellets do you the blend out the soft wood?

Our low temperature yesterday morning was 13 below 0 and I had 74 degrees in a 1100 square foot house running just the 10-cpm with 6-9 and bottom settings at 1-5-2 using Maine woods pellets. That temp was in the stove room -- at the other end of the house it was probably 66 or so. A lot of it is dependent on what type of pellet you're using and there are some crappy ones out there - MWP works good for me. Another thing I've noticed is pellet stoves are great at maintaining a temperature but take a long time to raise temperature....if the house had been at 60 yesterday morning and I tried to get it to 74 with the pellet stove I would have been waiting a very long time. This is our second winter with the stove and I've learned what setting to put it depending on what the temp is outside to keep the house at the temp I want -- and I burn about a bag a day. My OAK frosts up on the outside at a temp in the teens or below - doesn't affect performance.
when you are running stove at 6/9 with settings 1/5/2. What does the flame look like? I'm running at that now and flame doesn't come out of burn pot.

Here is a pic of stove at 7/9...with settings of 2/6/2...
What's wrong???

Attachments

• englander 10 cpm
    2014-01-03 21.18.01.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 124
Unless your pellets are on the long side or something, it LOOKS like your're not getting enough fuel delivered into the pot....have you checked the auger coupler to make sure the set screw didn't come loose and it's slipping on the shaft? Also, have you verified that the RPM of the auger motor is correct?

That thing should be cooking you pretty good......

Status
Not open for further replies.