Enerzone Destination 2.3 EPA 2020 compliant

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
They make a solid product and are priced good.

Reactions: joneo
It's another SBI stove. IIRC, it had a positive-engagement door latch, which I liked, not one of those spring-tension things...or was that the Drolet? :confused: It had a plug for ash removal, so is a no-go for the person I'm helping to look at stoves. Seemed pretty decent construction overall for the price.

It's another SBI stove. IIRC, it had a positive-engagement door latch, which I liked, not one of those spring-tension things...or was that the Drolet? :confused: It had a plug for ash removal, so is a no-go for the person I'm helping to look at stoves. Seemed pretty decent construction overall for the price.
Why are you so stuck on the ash removal thing? I only take ash out once a month at most an ash pan or how it works would have zero effect on my decision.

The Enerzone line is very similar to the Osburn line and a little classier than the Drolet.

FWIW Ashpans are definitely not necessary and very rare on an insert.

The Enerzone line is very similar to the Osburn line and a little classier than the Drolet.
FWIW Ashpans are definitely not necessary and very rare on an insert.
I missed that he was looking at the insert version, sorry. I was looking at the free-standers at the shop here and just relating what I saw on them. The Enerzones I saw looked pretty decent to me..
I only take ash out once a month at most an ash pan or how it works would have zero effect on my decision.
I had a Fireview and was able to shovel it out with little if any dust escaping. I can do it, but would rather avoid it.
I'm shopping stoves for my SIL. She likes the grate on her Dutchwest, and doesn't want to see dust anywhere in the room including on her beloved grand piano. Doubtful she could match my skill at dustless emptying. ;)
But as begreen said, it's not as common to find an ash system on an insert, apologies to the OP for any distractions.

I have a friend with a larger Enerzone and he is very pleased. He mentions ease of use and reasonable burn times.