Energy Pellets of America Review

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Shank

May 21, 2022
Ohio
Pretty new to pellet stoves (burned just about 6 bags so far) but wanted to share my review of Energy Pellets of America (Wilmington Ohio) as I have only seen one mention here searching.

Opinion: Very dirty pellets. They burn well enough (which is partially why I bought a Harman) but they really dirty the glass and leave junk in the burn pot. They do produce plenty of heat it seems.

For reference I have burned whatever came with the stove used (Hopper was full) and they burned great. I also have burned some Allegheny (will have to confirm I have a few different bags from local suppliers to try) and they were also much cleaner.

Now to use just under 2 tons of these pellets....

Pretty new to pellet stoves (burned just about 6 bags so far) but wanted to share my review of Energy Pellets of America (Wilmington Ohio) as I have only seen one mention here searching.

Opinion: Very dirty pellets. They burn well enough (which is partially why I bought a Harman) but they really dirty the glass and leave junk in the burn pot. They do produce plenty of heat it seems.

For reference I have burned whatever came with the stove used (Hopper was full) and they burned great. I also have burned some Allegheny (will have to confirm I have a few different bags from local suppliers to try) and they were also much cleaner.

Now to use just under 2 tons of these pellets....
Every time I check their website it indicates they are sold out.

Reactions: Shank
Wonder if they are made by Lignetics Group?, makes a real mess of my Harman. I have 1.5 tons left, have had to burn 50/50 with Tractor Supply hardwood to keep the soot and ash down.

Wonder if they are made by Lignetics Group?, makes a real mess of my Harman. I have 1.5 tons left, have had to burn 50/50 with Tractor Supply hardwood to keep the soot and ash down.
Does not appear to be but it seems they may be similar quality.

The reason I asked is I noticed they are thr only company I have seen that list <1% vegetable oil as an additive. There various pellets I have tested all smelled like old oil, when the other brands have a pine wood smell (hardwood and softwood)
Lignetics Group various brands have been the only pellets I've seen that list vegetable oil as an additive. Their pellets all have an oil smell, where all the other brands hardwood and softwood have a pine wood smell.

Reactions: Shank