Electrical consumption of blowers.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Dec 29, 2019
Wellsboro, PA
The new Lopi insert I’m getting has a blower which is something I’ve never used before. I’m wondering if anyone that uses a blower has ever measured how much electric power it uses. Maybe using a watt meter?

I have pellet stove and it uses about 140w on Medium Fan. Auger turning uses another 60w. That for Distribution Power and Combusion Blower. Really small amount of Electricity. I have kill a meter on it for getting Inverter/Battery times. I can run 6 hours on 100ah battery

It's fan with a motor, not much electrical being called for.

My fan is always on the lowest setting, add a couple of ceiling fans, and I'm a happy camper with the electric used / oil consumption saved.

Welcome to the forums !!

Reactions: Easy Livin’ 3000
I just dug up a line from a post I wrote a couple of years ago to someone who was looking for a "solar-friendly" blower. I put a kill-a-watt meter on the Lopi Revere one night for him and recorded the following:

Its lowest setting was about 27, its highest about 78, with everything in between. We've run the stove and blower continuously (but with variations in speed) since last night and have used just over one kWh.

I just took the meter downstairs now and tested our Enviro Kodiak 1700 insert. It seems to move from about 28 to about 60 low to high. I haven't run a measurement on it for any length of time. It's sure better heat-wise and electricity-wise that the electric space heater that I unplugged from the meter to test the stove (the heater doesn't need to run nearly so much now that we have the insert).