Does this Used Enviro Venice Look Salvageable?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

valleydoughboy

Sep 17, 2023
Pembroke, Ontario
Hello! I’ve been a dedicated lurker here for years and have finally decided to sign up and start posting. My family bought a big sprawling Victorian three years back and though it’s not drafty, with the cost of operating out natural gas boiler I’m going to have to remortgage the house. Luckily we have three masonry fireplaces that I’d love to install airtight inserts into. I grew up in a house heated by wood so I’d love to supplement our boiler with these. I’m leaning toward purchasing used but I have no idea how to judge whether an older insert is good enough shape to fix up. An Enviro Venice 1200 showed up on Facebook marketplace last week and I’m hoping to get some guidance on if it’s an ok deal at $650. Apparently the blower works and glass is in good shape. There seems to be some rust on it but I understand that can be wire brushed off and oiled. Is there anything else I should be concerned about? If this was a car or hifi components I could absolutely tell if it’s worth it. Cheers and thanks.

IMG_0748.png

It's was a very good insert. If the neglect is just on the exterior then yes, a bit of elbow grease and paint will make it looks like new. The real question is how it looks inside the firebox.

Enviro made great products, miss my kodiak 1700.