Electric Log Splitter with EcoFlow Delta Pro

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

zackboll

Oct 20, 2024
New Hampshire
Hi everyone,

I have a Boss 16 ton electric log splitter that I have used to split around 10 cords so far. I would like to be able to split wood at more locations on the property so I recently purchased an EcoFlow Delta Pro that I can place in the back of my UTV. I have been able to get the EcoFlow working with the log splitter, but it currently is not really a practical setup.

My working (unpractical) setup is as follows.
Feed wall power and EcoFlow power into automatic transfer switch. Power up the splitter using wall power, then switch over to EcoFlow power with the transfer switch. Doing this, I was able to split for around 3 hours today using EcoFlow power. Today's test was really to see if the EcoFlow is capable of handling the electric log splitter once the motor is started, which appears to be the case.

In order for this setup to be practical for me, I need to be able to start the AC motor without overloading the EcoFlow inverter. I have tried 2 products so far:
and

I haven't been able to get either product to work for my application. I am still working with the owner of Active Start to see if we can come to a solution.

Another thought I had was adding a hard start kit to my electric log splitter to increase available in rush current available. Does anyone have any thoughts on this and whether it may work?

Thanks,
Zack