efficient automatic pellet stove recommendations needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

hagarwon

Jan 18, 2018
NJ
Hello to everyone, I am new to the forum.

I have a 400 sq ft, well insulated, one room, workshop that I'm looking to heat with a direct vent (if possible) pellet stove. Can anyone recommend an efficient, automatic, thermostat controlled pellet stove? Or if you have any other suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Thank you.

There are many options in this forum
If it were me I would choose a Enviro or a Harman
Enviro P3 or Mini for a little more heat a P4
they will do everthing you want more likely blast you out
Harman in the same range doing the same thing
a Accentra or the P43 All good top of the line stoves
Good Luck and welcome

I have a 700 sqft insulated garage/workshop with a seven ft ceiling. I heat it with an old Whitfield pellet stove, that I got from a Craig's list ad. It is direct vented and it isn't thermostatically controlled, I just run it on the lowest setting, it keeps the shop about 70F, taking about an hour to reach that temperature from about 40F.

There are many options in this forum
If it were me I would choose a Enviro or a Harman
Enviro P3 or Mini for a little more heat a P4
they will do everthing you want more likely blast you out
Harman in the same range doing the same thing
a Accentra or the P43 All good top of the line stoves
Good Luck and welcome

thank you for the recommendations, I'll take a look into those units.