Early returns are promising...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xSpecBx

Sep 17, 2014
Ledyard, CT
This is my first year with the pellet stove.

First the house. My house is a well insulated 7 year old 2400 sq ft cape codwith a centrally located fireplace, an open floor plan and oil heat.

second the stove. I wound up going with a quadrafire CB 1200 insert installed in the fireplace.

It hasn't been cold enough to run the stove, but last night it was down in the low 40s so we decided to test it out a bit and at the moment I'm pretty impressed. The living room was around 75 (where the wife and I were watching football), the kitchen and far first floor bedroom was between 68 and 70. The second floor was similar with the temperature between 68 and 70. We had the fan in the kitchen and bedroom running in reverse with the first floor HVAC fan on intermittently to circulate the air

I bought the stove to supplement our heating needs and were hoping to make the first floor more comfortable. The first floor is where the living room and kitchen are and where we spend most of our time when were home so it was important that this space was warmer then the 65 degrees we were keeping it at. I was planning on keeping the upstairs colder and if the heat needed to come on at night when were asleep that's fine, but its looking like I may be able to heat the whole house with the stove. We will see, but so far its looking good.

Status
Not open for further replies.