Drolet Stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

enggass

Oct 16, 2020
Maine
We’re looking for a new stove to heat about 600sqft non insulated cabin. Mostly for fall and spring. Some winter use. Doing research and reading about to rated stones for 2020, Drolet Stoves keeps showing up. From what I can see they are less expensive than the big names. How good are they? Should I consider them as opposed to Jotul, Regency, etc?

If you are looking for a solid stove and dont need a conversation piece, SBI(parent Co of Drolet) makes a great bang for your buck stove.

Reactions: enggass
Drolet is part of the SBI group. They make good stoves. The Escape 1500 is worth considering. In Jotul the F602 v3 and the F45 v2 are also worth a looksee.

What about the Regency F1150?
Regency is another Canadian company with a good reputation. I have not seen much reported on the F1150, but it looks like a solid little stove. Is there a primary heating system in the cabin to keep pipes from freezing or will the woodstove be bringing up the temps from outdoor temp?

Yes