Drolet ECO-65 Hest Output

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MacGyver

Oct 15, 2014
Blind River, ON
So I'm overall fairly happy with this stove. This is my 4th winter with it and it's fairly reliable. My only issue is that the air that blows out of it really isn't that hot - not like the eco-35 or eco-45. It's just a tepid warmish heat that blows out. Whereas the heat that comes out of the exhaust is nice and hot. What gives?

Iv noticed the same on my stove (different brand). I have strait pipe going out but changing and going yo put a 3ft rise in it in the summer. Figure this may slow the output air as well keeping more inside

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Well I don’t own an eco-65 so this is just my opinion based on the specs I have seen on that stove. The blower is huge on that thing like 500 cfm vs 170 cfm on the eco-55(that replaced the 45), if the blower is moving more air it is going too feel cooler. Also when looking at the heat input vs output specs on the Drolet page the efficiency at high burn is barely over 56% making me wonder if at some point the burn rate just overwhelms the heat exchangers so the extra just gets pumped out the flue. Just my random crazy thoughts.

56% is crap. Come on, get with the program.

Well I don’t own an eco-65 so this is just my opinion based on the specs I have seen on that stove. The blower is huge on that thing like 500 cfm vs 170 cfm on the eco-55(that replaced the 45), if the blower is moving more air it is going too feel cooler. Also when looking at the heat input vs output specs on the Drolet page the efficiency at high burn is barely over 56% making me wonder if at some point the burn rate just overwhelms the heat exchangers so the extra just gets pumped out the flue. Just my random crazy thoughts.

You may be on to something.

The stove is an absolute pig as well. On mid-heat it'll burn 2 bags a day easy.